Friday, November 18, 2011

beautiful garbage

Thrifted skirt, belt and shoes. Shirt and tights (which you can't really see) from Target. Necklace from when I was little.

I was thinking of summer- neon, tie-dye, and plastic. Soon it's going to be cold and slushy, so I'm wearing these awesome (but falling-apart) 90's boots as much as I can.  They make me want to listen to Hole and snark like Daria.                                                                                                                                                     
 I went into a store recently wearing them and a saleswoman informed me I needed new shoes. She sniffed when I told her that they came from a thrift store and said, "Well, I would never wear something from there. You just don't know who's worn it before." 

I made a junk box as suggested in this video from Rookie. I haven't done anything with it yet, but hopefully I'll attempt a crown or something similar.

 Broken jewelry, random keychains, doll parts, mini erasers, beads, fake flowers, and random stuff from childhood.


I organized it all (minus the doll parts) by color for no good reason.  Ignore the hideous basement carpet. I can't figure how to get it the right way around, so I guess you'll just have to tilt your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment